10 Facts about Laser Hair Removal You Didn’t Know About
Laser hair removal is a popular choice for those looking for long-term hair removal. Laser hair removal has become a popular cosmetic procedure in recent years. It involves using a laser to destroy the hair follicle, which prevents the hair from growing back. The procedure is safe, effective, and relatively painless. It can be used to remove hair from any part of the body, including the face, legs, arms, and bikini line. However, there are some facts about laser hair removal that you may not know. Here are 10 facts about laser hair removal.
Table of Contents
- 1. Laser hair removal alone doesn’t work on blonde, gray, and red or ginger hair.
- 2. Laser Hair Removal does not cause Cancer
- 3. Laser hair removal does not cause infertility.
- 4. Laser hair removal is generally safe on the skin
- 5. You cannot do Laser Hair Removal everyday
- 6. IPL and laser hair removal do NOT produce the same results.
- 7. Laser hair removal takes 6 to 8 sessions to see visible results
- 8. Home-use laser devices are NOT as effective as medical-grade lasers for hair removal
- 9. SHR Hair Removal is Effective for All Skin and Hair Colours
- 10. You must shave prior to your laser hair removal appointment
- WellaSmooth. Pay 1 Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
- What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
- Meanwhile, check out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
1. Laser hair removal alone doesn’t work on blonde, gray, and red or ginger hair.
Laser hair removal is a popular method for hair removal, but it doesn’t work on all hair colors. Blonde, gray, and red or ginger hair are difficult to remove with laser treatments. The light from the laser is absorbed by the pigment in the hair, so these lighter colors don’t absorb enough light to be effective. If you have these hair colors, you’ll need to find another method of hair removal.
There is a reason why laser technician strongly advise clients to not ever bleach their hair before a session. Or just in general. Bleaching remove the color pigment in the hair. As previously mentioned, the color pigment in the hair is what attracts the light energy produced by the laser machine. If there is no pigment to target, laser hair removal will not work.
If you have light hair, you need to consider specialised hair removal. You can consider hair removal technologies such as SHR Diode laser and Nd:YAG lasers as they can effectively target lighter and coloured hairs.
2. Laser Hair Removal does not cause Cancer
Laser hair removal has become a popular method for hair removal, but there is still some debate about its safety. Some people worry that the laser energy used in the procedure could increase the risk of skin cancer. However, there is no evidence to support this claim. In fact, laser hair removal is actually considered to be a very safe procedure. The risks of developing cancer from laser hair removal are extremely low.
3. Laser hair removal does not cause infertility.
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses concentrated light to penetrate the hair follicle and destroy the hair from the root. It is a popular treatment for unwanted facial and body hair, but there is a common misconception that laser hair removal can cause infertility. This is not true. There is no evidence to suggest that laser hair removal causes infertility.
4. Laser hair removal is generally safe on the skin
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light to remove unwanted hair. The laser targets the pigment in the hair and destroys the follicle, which prevents future growth. Laser hair removal is generally safe on the skin, but there are a few possible side effects that you should be aware of before undergoing treatment. These include temporary redness, swelling, and inflammation of the treated area.
5. You cannot do Laser Hair Removal everyday
Laser hair removal is a popular beauty treatment, but it’s important to know that you cannot do it every day. The laser targets the pigment in the hair, so it needs to be done when the hair is in the growth phase. That means you’ll need to wait at least eight weeks between treatments. And even then, you may not see the full effect of the laser for several months. So if you’re looking for a quick fix, laser hair removal is not the answer.
6. IPL and laser hair removal do NOT produce the same results.
If you are considering IPL (intense pulsed light) or laser hair removal, it is important to know that these two treatments are not the same and will not produce the same results. IPL uses a broad spectrum of light that is absorbed by the pigment in the hair shaft. This causes the hair follicle to heat up and destroys the cells that produce hair. Laser hair removal uses a single wavelength of light that is absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft.
7. Laser hair removal takes 6 to 8 sessions to see visible results
Laser hair removal takes 6 to 8 sessions to see visible results. This treatment method uses a concentrated beam of light to target the hair follicle. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle, which destroys the hair. Laser hair removal is most effective on dark hair and light skin. It can be used to remove hair from the face, legs, arms, bikini line, and other areas of the body. For certain areas such as the face and private areas, 12 sessions or more are sometimes needed.
8. Home-use laser devices are NOT as effective as medical-grade lasers for hair removal
Home-use lasers for hair removal are not as effective as medical-grade lasers. The devices emit lower-energy pulses and have a larger spot size than medical lasers. This means that the home-use laser will take longer to remove hair, and may not be as effective at removing all of the hair. In addition, home-use lasers are not as safe as medical lasers, and can cause burns or other injuries if not used properly.
9. SHR Hair Removal is Effective for All Skin and Hair Colours
SHR diode hair removal is an effective method for all skin and hair types. It uses a low level of energy to slowly heat the hair follicles, which damages the hair shaft and prevents future growth. The treatment is comfortable and safe for all skin types, and there is no risk of burns or other side effects. SHR diode hair removal is a great option for those who are looking for a permanent solution to unwanted hair.
SHR or Super Hair Removal technology is a newer technology as compared to IPL. Developed by Alma Lasers, SHR combines 755nm, 808nm and 1064nm laser wavelengths to target all skin types. In addition, simultaneous contact cooling prevents burns and allows for a more comfortable treatment.
10. You must shave prior to your laser hair removal appointment
If you’re considering laser hair removal, you might be wondering if you need to shave before your appointment. The answer is yes! Shaving the treatment area prior to your appointment will help the laser target the hair follicle and provide more effective results. Plus, it’ll help prevent any discomfort during the treatment. So make sure to grab a razor and get shaving before your next laser hair removal appointment!
Wellaholic as Your Trusted SHR Hair Removal Service Provider in Singapore
Looking for a hair removal service that’s close to you in Singapore? Wherever you are in Singapore, Wellaholic’s got you covered. With 8 outlets spread across Singapore and located along major MRT stations, you can easily purchase a package and have your hairs zapped at any of their outlets, which are open 361 days a year! Wellaholic’s team of hair removal experts provides top-notch hair removal services that are perfect for those who want to remove unwanted hair quickly and easily. They also offer a wide range of affordable hair removal services, including SHR hair removal, IPL hair removal as well as Skin whitening against hyperpigmentation, as well as other aesthetic services such as facials, slimming, hair regrowth and teeth whitening.
WellaSmooth. Pay 1 Price for Hair Removal for All Body Parts with Unlimited SHR Shots
WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair removal experience with a 5-star rating. WellaSmooth™ All-Inclusive Hair Removal includes all-that-you-require shaving service, followed by SHR Unlimited Prestige hair removal which includes unlimited SHR shots for the entire body (including Brazilian/Boyzilian). Also included is our Skin Whitening / Hydrating post-treatment therapy (PTT) followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy.
What is WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal Regime?
- WellaSmooth™ is Voted Best Hair Removal Treatment by Daily Vanity Spa and Beauty Awards 2020/2021/2022.
- WellaSmooth™ is designed for an all-inclusive fuss-free full-body permanent hair reduction experience.
- WellaSmooth™ is ideal for all skin color, hair color, and all forms of hair.
- Also include is all-that-you-require shaving service for all body parts including your private regions.
- WellaSmooth™ also includes the Skin Whitening / Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow™, which includes post-hair-removal skin whitening or skin hydration followed by our AfterGlow Red Light therapy for enhanced skin rejuvenation.
- Achieve smooth and glowing skin that will wow everyone.
- This treatment is ideal for both men and women, by male and female therapists.
- Get a package and choose your shaving, SHR permanent hair removal and post-treatment whitening and hydration done at any of our multiple outlets across Singapore.
With WellaSmooth™ All-inclusive Hair Removal, you can have hair removal for all body parts including brazilian/boyzilian. This includes both the front and back (crack) areas. What’s more, full body shaving is included. Pay one price and put your mind at ease while our consultants work their magic for permanent hair reduction.
WellaSmooth™ Includes the Following 3 Hair Removal Services
- SHR Permanent Hair Removal PRESTIGE Unlimited – Enjoy our bestseller SHR hair reduction treatment for all body parts
- Unlimited Shaving Service – Enjoy unlimited shaving service on all body parts
- Skin Whitening/Hydrating (PTT) with AfterGlow – Enjoy post-treatment whitening or hydrating therapy followed by AfterGlow red-light treatment to rejuvenate your skin
Pricing of SHR Hair Removal Treatments by Wellaholic
Wellaholic believes in providing pricing transparency, and hence all prices are published and updated on its website. Choose from unlimited monthly hair removal plans (with unlimited SHR hair removal shots) for unlimited body parts, or choose from per-session hair removal price plans. Wellaholic’s hair removal prices are generally divided into the following categories:
(This post is brought to you by Wellaholic)
Have an Article to Suggest?
We need your help! Do you know any other noteworthy content or articles to be added to our magazine? If so, do write to us via our email at [email protected]. Tropika Club will do a review of your recommendations and update the list accordingly.
Meanwhile, check out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine crafts articles on all things Singapore, but with a greater emphasis on local businesses based on our #SupportLocalSG initiative. We check out and feature local businesses of all categories, ranging from your neighbourhood hawker stalls to the aesthetic clinics in town. We also cover local content ranging from beauty, lifestyle, places, eats and what’s on in SIngapore. Our Top 10 rankings include local food and service establishments based in different regions in Singapore.
Tropika Club Deals – Search for the best voucher and coupon deals. Tropika Club Deals is ideal for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Customers can also buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future.