7 Amazing Tips for Incredible Hair [2021 Edition]
Regardless of texture, colour or style, there’s one thing almost everyone wants – hair that looks like it’s been through the hands of a salon professional every week. But if there isn’t time in your ever-increasing collection of items to do, and if you’d rather prefer that extra 20 minutes in bed over waiting for your keratin-rich hair mask to work its magic, read on. Since we have spoken to leading experts in the beauty industry for their seven crucial hair rules to adhere to for your happiest, healthiest hair of your lifetime. No more bad hair days! Read on!
Table of Contents
- 1. Are you washing your hair the right way?
- 2. Are you protecting your hair from the sun?
- 3. Are you blow drying your hair correctly?
- 4. Are you keeping to the good rules tool?
- 5. Are you applying the hair conditioner the right way?
- 6. Are you using the right brushing technique for your hair?
- 7. Do you invest in the full range of hair care products?
- Meanwhile, check out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
1. Are you washing your hair the right way?
The consumer research group reports that 33% of girls who have shifted their washing habits in the previous 12 months cite that they were worried about possible hair damage. So how frequently should you’re shampooing?
Well, business experts assert that less is more. “Over-washing may be harmful to your hair, particularly if it’s bleached, coloured, has been treated or is naturally quite dry or sterile,” states Steve Rowbottom, co-director of Westrow.
There are some differences in hair according to different types of Asians. Chinese hair and Oriental Asian hair is usually straight and is also the typical kind of thin Asian hair. East Asian hair, in particular, is stronger, thicker, more resistant to damages and hair loss when compared to other hair types. Find the right shampoo for your Asian hair type.
2. Are you protecting your hair from the sun?
Hair can be ruined by both UV and heated tools, such as straighteners, tongs and your useful hairdryer; therefore it is vital to give your hair as much protection as possible.
“When you dry your hair always use a heat shield,” says hairstylist Mark Woolley of Electric Hairdressing. And when drying your hair, be sure not to maintain your hairdryer too close to your spans, to reduce split, fluffy ends. “As a test, blow the hairdryer onto your hand and find out how quickly you pull away when holding it close to your skin.”
3. Are you blow drying your hair correctly?
A fantastic blow-dry must last at least a day or two based upon your hair type, and there are numerous products which can help prolong the life span of your style. You could also bypass hot programs by multitasking your hairstyle, as actress stylist Dan Sharp describes: “Styling doesn’t always have to involve a hot instrument.”
An ideal at-home blow-out isn’t quite as tricky as it seems, and if you invest in a couple of excellent tools, it will make it even simpler.
4. Are you keeping to the good rules tool?
Think of your hair like your skin – what you put on it is going to change it. Investing in right quality products and tools will keep hair looking and feeling healthy and strong.
“People are cheap with what they use on hair but wouldn’t dream of treating their cashmere jumper in that way,” says hairstylist and Redken Ambassador Tracy Cunningham.
Good brushes are worth investing in and although may have a heftier price tag than others, if they are looked after they will last forever. Keep your brushes clean and free of dead hair, oil and product buildup by washing them into a mixture of baking soda and warm water once per month.
5. Are you applying the hair conditioner the right way?
A good conditioner is also critical in regards to some hair type but particularly thick, curled tresses.
“For curly-haired, highly textured hair, consistently deep condition,” states celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson. “No two-minute conditioners here. Deep conditioning entails having a conditioner that can add moisture and strength (protein) back to hair. You should use heat by either applying conditioner to hair when taking a shower and let it sit while showering or by covering the hair with a plastic cover and applying heat from outside just like a hair drier.
“I feel it is important to utilise leave-in sprays and also not to wash so frequently. Rinse it if you would like to but do not automatically shampoo it”
To make sure your hair absorbs the conditioner, towel-dry hair after shampooing. Extra water will mean the conditioner won’t be able to penetrate the hair shaft and provide the essential moisture to help keep hair looking healthy and shiny. If you’re short on time, then at least squeeze out excess water.
6. Are you using the right brushing technique for your hair?
No-one needs a matted mess for a mane, so brushing is always required, but don’t tear during your locks. Based on Guy, being too aggressive will only result in harm, and no-one wants to compete with fluffy, ends.
So what’s the ideal technique?
“Brushing in the roots causes damage — always brush from the bottom and work up,” guides hairstylist Tracey Cunningham, especially in the event you’ve got long hair. And the tools you use should change whenever your hair is moist to prevent snapping and inactive.
“When your hair is soaking wet, it is weaker, brittle and more vulnerable to breakage,” says hairstylist Nicky Clarke. Save the brush for when your hair is dry and put money into a wide-tooth comb. The teeth are made to glide through wet hair – especially if coarse, wavy or curly – much than brush may, and there will be a lot less damage to contend with if it is dry.
7. Do you invest in the full range of hair care products?
There are hair products everywhere, and all of them are making statements and promises for silky, beautiful hair. But do not get stressed with all the marketing fluff. All you need to do is to invest in these essential hair products to keep your hair in the best state ever:
- Hairspray – A good one that doesn’t make your hair into a crunchy and substantial wad of hair is key! Even if you don’t use hairspray often and if you don’t typically like to have your hair teased to the heavens, hairspray is perfect for fixing flyaway hairs.
- Dry Shampoo – Ideal for those days when we have the second (or third) day hair, and it’s starting to look a little oily, or it just needs a refresher! Dry shampoo is absolutely amazing, and it makes your hair look cleaner and smell fantastic.
- Heat Protection Spray – Any heat styling tool you use on your hair should ONLY be used if you apply this stuff first.
- Hair Oil – Whether you’re using heat on your hair or not, hair oil will help keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- Leave-in Conditioner – This is great for making your hair healthier and softer! It’s also convenient because you don’t need to wash it out, so it saves you time.
- Clarifying Shampoo – This should be used once a week or once every two weeks to clear out the build-up in your hair. Using all sorts of products like dry shampoo and frizz creme can build up and this shampoo helps to get rid of any build up in your hair.
- Texturising Spray – This isn’t a total essential, but it’s perfect for getting beachy waves even when it’s not summer. Texturising spray is a great way to add extra texture to your hair.
Meanwhile, check out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine crafts articles on all things Singapore, but with a greater emphasis on local businesses based on our #SupportLocalSG initiative. We check out and feature local businesses of all categories, ranging from your neighbourhood hawker stalls to the aesthetic clinics in town. We also cover local content ranging from beauty, lifestyle, places, eats and what’s on in SIngapore. Our Top 10 rankings include local food and service establishments based in different regions in Singapore.
Tropika Club Deals – Search for the best voucher and coupon deals. Tropika Club Deals is ideal for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Customers can also buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future.