5 Types of Hair Extensions and Where to Get Them in Singapore
Hair Extensions: The Easy Guide
In the bustling city-state of Singapore, where individual style and personal care are paramount, your hair can become the ultimate expression of your unique personality. From natural hair extensions to the latest clip-in hair extensions, the world of hair styling is ever-evolving and offers an array of choices for those looking to enhance their look. Tropika Club Magazine presents a comprehensive guide to the 5 Types of Hair Extensions and Where to Get Them in Singapore. Whether you are looking for professional hair extensions or seeking the best clip-in hair extensions, this guide will introduce you to an assortment of hair products and hair treatments tailored to suit different hair types. Explore the leading hair salons in Singapore that not only provide a variety of options but also offer competitive hair extensions prices. Unveil the secrets to transforming your hair into a masterpiece, and step into a world where the beauty of your hair reflects the best version of you.
Table of Contents
- No Time to Read? Here’s a Snappy Summary of This Article
- Hair Extensions Types You Need to Know
- Synthetic vs Natural Hair Extensions
- Price of Hair Extensions in SIngapore
- Top 5 Hair Salons to Get Your Hair Extensions in Singapore
- Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
No Time to Read? Here’s a Snappy Summary of This Article
- Hair Extensions Types You Need to Know: The article lists 5 types of hair extensions: tape-ins, micro rings, weaves, hot fusion, and clip-ins. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, such as ease of application, durability, and maintenance.
- Synthetic vs Natural Hair Extensions: The article explains the difference between synthetic and natural hair extensions, which are made of either artificial or human hair. Synthetic hair extensions are cheaper and more varied in color and style, but they can look unnatural and damage easily. Natural hair extensions are more expensive and limited in options, but they can blend well and last longer.
- Price of Hair Extensions in Singapore: The article gives an estimate of the price range for each type of hair extension in Singapore, based on the length, quality, and quantity of the hair. The prices can vary from S$100 to S$1,500 or more, depending on the salon and the service.
- Top 5 Hair Salons to Get Your Hair Extensions in Singapore: The article recommends 5 hair salons that offer hair extension services in Singapore: Hair Bar Salon, J Team Hair Studio, New Hair Design, Hairplay Salon, and Provocative Hair Couture. Each salon has its own current offer, location, and contact details.
Hair Extensions Types You Need to Know
The name says it all: hair extensions, either made of synthetic or natural hairs, are additions that add length and volume to your hair. As its name suggests, hair extensions are basically locks or sections of hair that you can use to add volume or length to your mane to achieve the hairstyle of dreams. They can be made of synthetic hair, natural hair, or even a mix of both, in recent cases. Before deciding your look, here’s a nifty list of 5 popular types of hair extensions:
Tape-in extensions are perfect if your hair is made up of fine strands so you can add some volume and thickness to it. Pieces of hair are plastered on to your natural hair with medical-grade adhesive strips. It’s lightweight and virtually undetectable; the tape-in hair extensions adhere flat on your head, which only takes around 45 minutes to apply.
While it’s reusable, tape-in hair extensions take a bit more work when it comes to maintenance—you need to re-apply the hair extensions every 6-7 weeks, and you’d have to avoid oils around the tape area otherwise they’ll slip.
2. Micro Rings
Perhaps you might know it as micro bead extensions. With micro rings, individual strands are secured on to your hair with a small ring. This hair extension doesn’t need any heat, glue, or chemicals that could damage your scalp.
You can use micro rings to fix a haircut mishap, or if you want extra length for your hair. However, you might be sitting on that salon chair for longer, since the hair strands are applied individually. Micro rings aren’t quite suitable for people with fine hair though since the micro rings might be visible.
Like the tape-ins, micro rings are reusable too. With proper care and maintenance, it can last around 3 months. Be careful when you brush your hair with this type of hair extensions! Brush your hair extensions in sections, so the micro rings won’t be twisted and matted.
With weaves, a track of hair is sewn onto a braid. They can be a bit bulkier and weigh the mane down, but they’ll give your hair dramatic volume and length, and you can go easy when you’re styling your hair. You just need to wash and condition your weaves, as you would with your own hair, and avoid heat if you’re using styling equipment on this type of hair extension. Net weaves relieve tension and allow the hair to not swell as much after shampooing. The downside is that you will be less able to care for your real hair, as the net gets in the way. If you have normally thick hair, get the regular sew-in. But if you have thinner hair, a net weave sew-In may be in the cards for you as it also adds more coverage.
4. Hot Fusion
While it sounds like a fever dream of the future from the 80s, it’s simply bonding the small bundles of hair strands onto the roots of your hair with heated keratin glue. The extension won’t be very obvious since the keratin will become transparent as it dries. Your natural tresses is sectioned and attached strand-by-strand using wax. Fusions usually last 3-6 months and are the most expensive method. With fusions, the bonds are not visible unless you are looking for them. This is the most natural-looking weave.
Hot fusion is one of the most durable hair extension methods out there, lasting for up to 5 or 6 months with proper maintenance. But be prepared to carve out 6 to 8 hours of your time to finish applying for these hair extensions, and an expert has to be in control to avoid serious damage to your scalp and hair.
This type of extension is perhaps the closest we can get to in our search for the perfect hair extension. It’s as easy as it sounds! Wefts of hair in all shapes and lengths are clipped on to your hair. With this type of hair extension, you can transform your whole look in a wink with practically any hairstyle or hair color you want too.
You have to be careful when you clip on and off this hair extension, you may get breakages on your hair. To maintain your clip-ins, just comb it when it’s wet. And since clip-ins are coloured, you may have to pay some special attention to the product you use to maintain it.
Synthetic vs Natural Hair Extensions
The pros recommend the 100% human hair since synthetic hair could look unnatural; it doesn’t withstand heat styling. What’s more, since it’s lighter than natural hair, it’ll move differently. And if you’re going for a multi-colour look, synthetic hair extensions may pose more of a challenge. They’re mainly manufactured in block colours, so you might need a mix of hair colors and shades to match your look.
Price of Hair Extensions in SIngapore
The price of hair extensions in a certified hair salon in Singapore varies widely from $400 to $2000 based on the kind of extensions. Tape-in and Clipped-in hair extensions generally cost approximately $400 to $800, whilst sew in, glued-in, fusion, and micro bead extensions can vary between $900 to $1600. Clip-in extensions cost approximately $300 for twenty inches of hair as much as approximately $1000 to get a bunch of 9 sections of hair thirty inches in length. The price of temporary hair extensions is cheaper since you can readily place on clip bottoms yourself. Clip-in hairpieces are an excellent hair thinning solution for hair thinning. But be careful of those cheap clips in hair extensions as those could possess poor-quality clips having a poorer clasp.
Top 5 Hair Salons to Get Your Hair Extensions in Singapore
Here are the Top 5 Hair Salons for hair extensions by Tropika Club that’ll serve up your look, no matter where you are in Singapore. Whether you’re going for Ariana Grande’s signature ponytail or the luscious waves sported by Kate Middleton, take your pick from the salons below to get the hairstyle of your dreams! BONUS: each of them has an existing promotion and discount.
1. Hair Bar Salon
- Flip all your hair troubles away at Hair Bar Salon. This is where you can get the ultimate hair experience. Here, their team of professional stylists are at the ready to provide quality services to give you your unique hair transformation.
- This sleek, contemporary salon is fully outfitted with unique hair products and equipment. So all their hair services are always top-notch. Relish in this full-service hair salon, with hair styling services such as wash & cut, wash & blow, bleaching, hair colour, highlights, digital perm, cold perm, and more.
- For your hair care needs, Hair Bar Salon also provides scalp treatments and hair treatments. Find this hair salon at 50 East Coast Road, Roxy Square, #02-39, Singapore 428769.
$100 Hair Salon Voucher From Hair Bar Salon
- Get a $100 Voucher at $60 for all your Hair Styling & Regrowth needs at Hair Bar Salon.
- Flip all your hair troubles away at Hair Bar Salon. This is where you can get the ultimate hair experience.
- Here, their team of professional stylists are at the ready to provide quality services to give you your unique hair transformation.
- This sleek, contemporary salon is fully outfitted with unique hair products and equipment.
2. J Team Hair Studio
- J Team Hair Studio will be happy to have you! Equipped with over a decade’s worth of experience, their passionate, skilful stylists can offer a new take on hairstyling. They will spare no effort to make sure you not only enjoy their session but leave with a fresh look too.
- Choose from over 40 hair services and treatments including Keratin Hair Care, Highlight/Balayage, Hair Protein Treatment, Digital Perm, Hair Rebonding, and many more!
- They are out to ensure you enjoyed a good hair session with us, taking care of your straights and curls.
$100 Hair Salon Voucher From J Team Hair Studio
- Get a $100 Voucher at $70 for all your Hair Styling & Regrowth needs at J Team Hair Studio.
- J Team Hair Studio will be happy to have you! Equipped with over a decade’s worth of experience, their passionate, skillful stylists can offer a new take on hairstyling.
- They will spare no effort to make sure you not only enjoy their session but leave with a fresh look too.
- Choose from over 40 hair services and treatments including Keratin Hair Care, Highlight/Balayage, Hair Protein Treatment, Digital Perm, Hair Rebonding, and many more!
3. New Hair Design
- New Hair Design wants to help you realise the full potential of your authentic self. Every snip and every trim serves only that purpose, accentuating to who you are no matter your career, personality, or even your sense of style. They can even match the hair color you want to your skin tone. And there is no doubt you’ll leave with luscious hair; they use essential oil and hair colours with 100% organic ingredients.
- With over 70 hair services and treatments, you are definitely spoilt for choice. Choose between Organic Hydro O3 Hair Treatment, Lifting Colour by Senior Director, Volume Rebonding or even Air or Trendy Perm.
- New Hair Design is situated at 321 Clementi Avenue 3.
$100 Voucher for all services and treatment from New Hair Design
- Get a $100 beauty voucher at New Hair Design (Clementi) Salon at only $85!
- Valid for use on all services.
- New Hair Design wants to help you realise the full potential of your authentic self.
- Every snip and every trim serves only that purpose, accentuating to who you are no matter your career, personality, or even your sense of style.
4. Hairplay Salon
- Hairplay Salon is a little but high-quality hair salon in Singapore. Hairplay Salon is now consisting of a team of professional and experienced hair stylists. Situated at Orchard Plaza, along the main Orchard Road shopping belt, you can pop by for your hair work and then adjourn for some happy shopping right after your treatment.
- Their full range of hair services includes Haircuts Digital Perm, Soft Rebonding, Men and Ladies Cut, Hair Colouring and Anti-Dandruff Therapy. They also offer hair loss solutions such as Hair Loss Scalp Therapy and Greasy Scalp Therapy.
$30 Hair Salon Voucher From Hairplay Salon
- $30 Voucher from Hairplay Salon at only $20.
- Use it for all your Haircuts, Hair Styling and Regrowth needs at Hairplay Salon.
- For usage for all days, including Public Holidays.
- Their full range of hair services includes Digital Perm, Soft Rebonding, Men and Ladies Cut, Hair Colouring and Anti-Dandruff Therapy. They also offer hair loss solutions such as Hair Loss Scalp Therapy and Greasy Scalp Therapy.
5. Provocative Hair Couture
- Turn heads with a cut unique to you. That’s how Provocative Hair Couture sees hair beauty. The esteemed hair salon is steadfast in this belief: beauty is unique, and it shouldn’t be a daily hassle. That’s why the professionals at this hair salon are experts at crafting bespoke looks that match your personality and your features.
- They strive to become leading hairstylists in Singapore’s hair industry. The signature hair services and hair treatments available at this hair salon are Intensive Orings Scalp Treatment, Keratin Treatment, Ammonia-free Rebonding, Intensive Kinessences Treatment, and Ammonia-free colour.
- Get a Hollywood-grade makeover with their top-notch hair services. You can find them at 50 East Coast Road, Roxy Square 2, #01-113, Singapore 428769
$450 Hair Salon Voucher From Provocative Hair Couture
- Get a $450 Voucher at $300 for all your Hair Styling & Regrowth needs at Provocative Hair Couture.
- Turn heads with haircuts unique to you. That’s how Provocative Hair Couture sees hair beauty.
- The esteemed hair salon is steadfast in this belief: beauty is unique, and it shouldn’t be a daily hassle.
- That’s why the professionals at this hair salon are experts at crafting bespoke looks that match your personality and your features.
If you’re looking for a way to transform your hair without committing to a permanent change, hair extensions are a great option. They can give you the length, volume, and style you’ve always wanted in minutes. Whether you prefer natural or synthetic hair, there’s a type of hair extension that suits your needs and budget. You can choose from tape-ins, micro rings, weaves, hot fusion, or clip-ins, depending on how long you want to wear them and how much maintenance you’re willing to do. Hair extensions can also help you experiment with different colors and textures without damaging your own hair.
However, hair extensions are not a one-size-fits-all solution. You need to find a reputable salon that can offer you quality service and products. You also need to consult with a professional stylist who can advise you on the best type of hair extension for your hair type and condition. You should also follow the proper care instructions to keep your hair extensions looking good and healthy.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 hair salons in Singapore that offer hair extension services. These salons have experienced and trained staff who can help you achieve your hair goals. They also have attractive offers and discounts that you can take advantage of. Whether you want to add some length, volume, or color to your hair, these salons can make it happen.
So what are you waiting for? Book an appointment with one of these salons today and get ready to flaunt your new hair. You’ll be amazed by how much hair extensions can change your look and boost your confidence. Hair extensions are not just for celebrities anymore. They’re for anyone who wants to have beautiful hair anytime, anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What are the benefits of hair extensions?
A: Hair extensions can help you achieve your desired hairstyle by adding length, volume, color, or texture to your natural hair. They can also enhance your appearance and confidence by giving you a new look.
Q: How do I choose the best type of hair extension for me?
A: The best type of hair extension for you depends on your hair type, condition, preference, and budget. You should consult with a professional stylist who can advise you on the most suitable option based on your hair goals and needs. You should also consider the quality, durability, maintenance, and cost of the hair extensions.
Q: How long do hair extensions last?
A: The lifespan of hair extensions varies depending on the type, quality, and care of the hair extensions. Generally, tape-in extensions last up to six to eight weeks, micro ring extensions last up to three to four months, weaves last up to six to eight weeks, hot fusion extensions last up to four to six months, and clip-in extensions last up to one year or more.
Q: How do I take care of my hair extensions?
A: You should follow the specific care instructions given by your stylist for your hair extensions. In general, you should wash your hair extensions with gentle shampoo and conditioner, avoid using heat styling tools or chemicals on them, brush them gently with a wide-tooth comb or a special extension brush, and protect them from sun exposure and chlorine. You should also visit your salon regularly for maintenance and removal of your hair extensions.
Q: Where can I get hair extensions in Singapore?
A: There are many salons that offer hair extension services in Singapore. However, you should choose a reputable salon that has experienced and trained staff who can provide you with quality service and products. Some of the top salons that offer hair extension services in Singapore are Hair Bar Salon, J Team Hair Studio, New Hair Design, Hairplay Salon, and Provocative Hair Couture. You can check out their current offers and contact details on our blog post 5 Types of Hair Extensions and Where to Get Them in Singapore.
Have an Article to Suggest?
Tropika Club is always looking for new and exciting content to feature in their magazine and they value the input of our readers. If you have any noteworthy content or articles that you believe would be a great addition to Tropika Club’s magazine, we are open to suggestions and encourage you to reach out to us via email at [email protected]. By doing so, Tropika Club values your expertise and knowledge in the matter and appreciates your willingness to help. We will review your recommendations and update our list accordingly
Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine is a Singapore-based publication that features articles on a wide range of topics with a focus on local businesses and content for the region. The magazine emphasizes supporting local businesses through its #SupportLocal initiative, which includes coverage of everything from neighborhood hawker stalls to aesthetic clinics in town. In addition to highlighting local businesses, Tropika Club Magazine also covers a variety of local content, including beauty, lifestyle, places, eats, and what’s on in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Tropika Club Deals – Tropika Club Deals is a leading online deals and voucher shopping site in Singapore, offering amazing discounts on beauty, wellness, and fitness products and services. It’s the perfect platform for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. These deals are available at major beauty stores, facial salons, hair salons, and other brands in Singapore, with no minimum spend required. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Tropika Club Deals is also ideal for customers who want to buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future. So whether you’re looking to save money on your next haircut or want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Tropika Club Deals has got you covered with the best voucher and coupon deals in Singapore!