How To Stop And Reduce Hair Loss [Part 2]
In the Part 1 of How to Stop and Reduce Hair Loss article, we covered the details of the hair growth cycle and the possible causes of hair loss. We follow up with this second part on the ways that you can stop and reduce hair loss, ranging from home-based remedies to professional clinical treatments. Read on now to find out more.
Table of Contents
- No Time to Read? Here’s a Snappy Summary of This Article
- 1. How to make changes to your hair care routine?
- 2. Are you exercising enough?
- 3. Are you relying on supplements or medications?
- 4. Hair Oil Treatment
- 5. Hair Spa
- 6. Hair Transplantation
- 7. Laser Treatments
- 8. Microneedling for Scalp
- 9. Diet
- Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
No Time to Read? Here’s a Snappy Summary of This Article
- How to stop hair loss by eating protein: Protein is essential for hair growth and health, as hair follicles are mostly made of keratin, a type of protein. A lack of protein can lead to hair loss, so it is important to eat enough protein-rich foods, such as eggs, nuts, beans, fish, dairy, chicken, and turkey.
- How to stop hair loss by following the Mediterranean diet: The Mediterranean diet is rich in raw vegetables and fresh herbs, which may reduce the risk of androgenetic alopecia, or pattern baldness, in both men and women. A study found that eating these foods more than three times a week was associated with lower hair loss.
- How to stop hair loss by avoiding crash diets: Crash diets that are very low in calories can deprive the body of essential nutrients, including those needed for healthy hair, such as protein, fatty acids, and zinc. Crash diets can also cause temporary hair loss by reducing body cell mass. It is better to follow a balanced diet that meets the daily calorie and nutrient requirements.
- How to stop hair loss by taking supplements: Some vitamins and minerals may help prevent or reduce hair loss by supporting hair growth and retention processes. These include selenium, vitamin B, zinc, vitamin D, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. However, it is advisable to consult a doctor before taking any supplements, as too much or too little of some nutrients can also damage the hair.
- How to stop hair loss by using medication: There are several medications that can help treat hair loss caused by genetic or hormonal factors. These include – Minoxidil is a topical solution that can prevent further hair loss and stimulate hair growth. Finasteride, spironolactone, and dutasteride are oral drugs that can block the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone that shrinks the hair follicles.
- How to stop hair loss by using natural remedies: Natural remedies for hair loss include oils, herbs, caffeine, antioxidants, massage, and light. They nourish and stimulate the scalp. And Scalp massage like microneedling (Wellaholic Microneedling) can increase blood flow and relax the scalp muscles. Light therapy can use low-level lasers or LEDs to stimulate hair growth.
1. How to make changes to your hair care routine?
Making a couple of tiny changes to your daily routine can help reduce hair fall. Utilise a wooden wide-tooth comb to untangle your hair. You can use your usual brush after this. This will reduce breakage and hair loss from yanking. It is also vital to remember not to comb your hair when it is wet. Your hair is at its most vulnerable when wet, which raises the odds of breakage.
Another suggestion is to use your towel in the right way. Instead of aggressively trying to use your towel to dry your hair, and subjecting them to excessive force, gently squeeze excess moisture out of your hair with your towel and let it dry naturally. Attempt and switch to shampoos that are free of sulfates, silicones, and parabens to avoid loading your own scalp and hair with harsh substances that cause damage, making your hair brittle and more prone to breakage.
Wash your hair at least one time every three days with a gentle hair cleanser or shampoo to eliminate all of the accumulated dust, dirt, oil, and bacteria build-up. Keep it clean at all times to prevent hair drop from clogged follicles. It’s also important not to wash your hair more than thrice a week. Overwashing will strip your scalp and hair of natural oils that are essential for healthy hair growth.
Do not subject your hair to regular chemical treatments, excessive blow-drying, ironing, and colouring as it can lead to hair loss. If you colour or dye your hair and have been confronting hair fall problems, it would be a fantastic idea to have a brief break before you set any more chemicals on your hair. Research demonstrated that allergic contact dermatitis from hair dyes might be liable for increased hair loss.
2. Are you exercising enough?
You would be surprised at how much stress can result in hair loss. And nothing relieves stress in addition to physical activity does. Regular exercise such as yoga can go a long way in reducing anxiety and may help curb hair fall. Beauty comes from the mind and a healthy mind leads to healthy living. Therefore, it is crucial to maintain a balance in your life. Exercise boosts body health and promotes a strong hair growth cycle. It also increases the blood flow to scalp and promote circulation around the scalp, resulting in better hair growth. Work these eight simple, easy to do exercises into your daily regime for hair growth and good health.
3. Are you relying on supplements or medications?
There are lots of hair growth supplements that can help regrow hair and suppress hair fall. Even specific vitamin supplements go a long way in enhancing the health and volume of your hair loss. However, do not begin taking any supplements without consulting a healthcare practitioner. Minoxidil is among the very best drugs for hair loss, though it might have a side effect of hypertrichosis (abnormal quantity of hair growth over the body). Cyproterone acetate is just another powerful medication for hair loss in women, though it isn’t advisable for guys.
4. Hair Oil Treatment
There have been research reports claiming that oiling your hair overnight can really make a difference. Though you might not like the concept of sticky, greasy hair, the application of oils, like coconut, peppermint, and argan oils, can help your hair in the long run. Leaving your hair straightened overnight supplies enough time for every strand to be coated and for the scalp to find nourished. Dandruff and dead cells are loosened from the movement of the fingers and can be removed easily with shampoo the next day.
5. Hair Spa
Many salons offer hair spa remedies that are meant to strengthen, condition, and nourish your hair. These remedies are ideal for women who are busy and stressed. They not only enhance hair health but are also the perfect way to relax and destress. Listed below are the Advantages of hair spa therapy:
- It profoundly states your hair, treats split ends and repairs dry, damaged, and dull hair. Additionally, it helps remove dandruff.
- Hair spa therapy provides your scalp and hair with the essential nutrients needed for healthy hair growth.
- It helps fortify the hair follicles and revitalises the scalp, creating an ideal atmosphere for unhindered hair development.
- It prevents scalp ageing and improves blood circulation in the scalp using a stimulating massage.
- It helps remove impurities from your hair and scalp, preventing build-up and flaking, resulting in better hair health.
- The hair spa therapy provides relief from stress and tension.
- It deals with baldness or thinning hair by providing damaged cells in your scalp with extra energy to resume normal functioning. This can help stimulate hair growth and curb baldness/
6. Hair Transplantation
Hair transplantation is one of the curative methods for hair. It is achieved by simply taking donor hair and placing it where baldness occurs. A hair transplant is a procedure in which a plastic or dermatological surgeon moves hair to a bald area of the head. The surgeon usually moves hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head. For FUT, a doctor would remove strips of tissue from the donor area, and, once extracted, cut these strips into individual follicular units. Tiny cuts are then made in the scalp for the follicular unit grafts to be carefully placed into, which can leave some scarring. FUE is the modern approach to hair transplants and is usually favoured by patients because it leaves less obvious scarring. For FUE, individual hair follicles are extracted directly from the patient’s donor area, which is typically the back of the neck, and then moved to the hair transplant site using a specialist micro surgical needle.
7. Laser Treatments
Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is growing in popularity as an effective hair growth treatment. It deals with hair loss or thinning hair by providing damaged cells in your scalp with extra energy to resume normal functioning. This can help stimulate hair growth and curb hair fall. Low-level laser therapy, also called LLLT, nourishes hair follicles by sending pulses of energy into inactive follicles. These pulses “spark” those dormant follicles back into a regrowth phase by kick-starting proper circulation and cellular respiration. LLLT is offered by Wellaholic as a standalone treatment but also as part of their WellaGrow Hair Regrowth regime.
8. Microneedling for Scalp
Microneedling involves the use of a skin roller with small needles that causes minor skin injuries. While used as an anti-ageing skin treatment, microneedling may also be a method of treatment for hair loss. There’s even evidence that it can help a special type of hair loss known as alopecia areata. There has been numerous research studies which shows the effectiveness of microneedling with Minoxidil for hair growth. Microneedling for Scalp, being a relatively new technique is offered by Wellaholic together with an Minoxidil programme. We recommend you to head to Wellaholic for more.
When it comes to hair health, what you put in your own body is just as important as what you wear your hair. Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet becomes crucial after you notice hair fall. A wholesome diet will also help keep your hair moisturised and nourished, leading to lesser baldness, fewer split ends, and suppressed breakage. Think about adding more of these to your daily diet — carrots, oats, whole grains, brown rice, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, lentils, sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds, legumes, nuts such as almonds and walnuts, flaxseed oil (Linseed oil) or ground flaxseeds, seafood like salmon and tuna that are full of omega-3 fatty acids, eggs, beans, legumes, as well as low-fat cheese.
Stay away from fatty foods and fizzy drinks while also cutting down on your consumption of carbs.
Managing hair loss can be difficult, but it isn’t impossible. With all the new technologies, age-old all-natural remedies, and a tweak to your hair care regimen, dealing with baldness can become more manageable. Talk to a dermatologist or trichologist that will suggest the ideal manner of treatment for you.
Hey, do you want to know how to stop and reduce hair loss? It’s a common problem that affects many people, especially as they get older. Hair loss can be caused by many factors, such as genetics, hormones, diet, stress, or medications. But don’t worry, there are ways to prevent or treat hair loss and keep your hair healthy and strong. Here are some tips to help you out:
- Eat more protein: Protein is very important for your hair, because your hair is mostly made of keratin, which is a type of protein. If you don’t eat enough protein, your hair can become weak and fall out. So, make sure you eat enough protein-rich foods every day, like eggs, nuts, beans, fish, dairy, chicken, and turkey.
- Follow the Mediterranean diet: The Mediterranean diet is a healthy way of eating that includes lots of raw vegetables and fresh herbs. These foods can help prevent or reduce hair loss caused by pattern baldness, which is when your hair thins out in certain areas. A study found that eating these foods more than three times a week can lower your risk of pattern baldness.
- Avoid crash diets: Crash diets are bad for your health and your hair. They can make you lose weight very fast, but they can also make you lose hair. That’s because they don’t give you enough calories and nutrients that your body and your hair need. They can also make your body lose muscle mass, which can affect your hair growth. It’s better to eat a balanced diet that gives you enough calories and nutrients every day.
- Take supplements: Some vitamins and minerals can help your hair grow and stay healthy. These include selenium, vitamin B, zinc, vitamin D, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E. They can help support the processes that make your hair grow and keep it from falling out. But before you take any supplements, you should talk to your doctor first. They can tell you if you need them or not, and how much to take. Taking too much or too little of some nutrients can also harm your hair.
- Use medication: There are some medications that can help treat hair loss caused by genetic or hormonal factors. These include minoxidil, finasteride, spironolactone, and dutasteride. Minoxidil is a liquid or foam that you apply to your scalp. It can help prevent more hair loss and stimulate new hair growth. Finasteride, spironolactone, and dutasteride are pills that you take by mouth. They can help block the effects of a hormone called DHT, which makes your hair follicles shrink and stop growing.
- Use natural remedies: There are also some natural remedies that can help improve your hair health and appearance. These include coconut oil, essential oils, caffeine products, antioxidants, scalp massage, and light therapy. Coconut oil can moisturize and protect your hair from damage. Essential oils like lavender, rosemary, and peppermint can stimulate blood flow and hair growth. Caffeine products can make your hair grow faster by extending the growth phase of your hair cycle. Antioxidants like green tea extract can fight the harmful molecules that damage your hair follicles. Scalp massage can increase blood flow and relax your scalp muscles. Light therapy can use low-level lasers or LEDs to stimulate hair growth.
We hope this article has helped you learn more about how to stop and reduce hair loss. At Tropika Club Magazine, we want you to look good and feel good about yourself. That’s why we offer you the best information and advice on how to take care of your hair and other beauty aspects. Whether you want to find the best products, services, or deals for your hair care needs, we have it all for you. Visit our website or follow us on social media to find out more about our amazing offers and tips. We are here to help you achieve your beauty dreams! Contact us today and let us make you shine!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Can hair loss be completely reversed?
A: Hair loss can have various causes, and the potential for complete reversal depends on the underlying reason. In some cases, such as temporary hair loss due to certain medications or stress, hair can regrow on its own once the cause is addressed. However, for conditions like genetic pattern baldness, complete reversal may not be possible, but treatments can slow down the progression and help maintain existing hair.
Q: How long does it take to see results when following these strategies?
A: The time it takes to see results can vary depending on individual factors and the severity of hair loss. Consistency and patience are key, as it may take several months before noticeable improvements occur. It’s important to remember that hair grows slowly, and it may take time for the effects of a healthy lifestyle and hair care routine to manifest.
Q: Are there any specific hair care products that can help reduce hair loss?
A: While there are numerous hair care products marketed as hair loss solutions, their effectiveness can vary. Look for products that are specifically formulated to promote hair health and reduce hair loss. Ingredients like minoxidil and certain vitamins and nutrients may be beneficial. It’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional or dermatologist for personalized product recommendations.
Q: Are there any side effects associated with hair loss treatments?
A: Certain hair loss treatments, such as medications or topical solutions, may have potential side effects. It’s important to follow the instructions provided and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new treatment. They can evaluate your specific situation and guide you on the potential risks and benefits of different options.
Q: Can stress really cause hair loss?
A: Yes, stress can contribute to hair loss. Telogen effluvium is a condition characterized by excessive hair shedding due to physical or emotional stress. Stress can disrupt the normal hair growth cycle, pushing more hair follicles into a resting phase. The good news is that once the underlying stress is addressed, hair growth typically resumes within a few months. Managing stress through relaxation techniques and self-care can help minimize its impact on hair health.
Have an Article to Suggest?
Tropika Club is always looking for new and exciting content to feature in their magazine and they value the input of our readers. If you have any noteworthy content or articles that you believe would be a great addition to Tropika Club’s magazine, we are open to suggestions and encourage you to reach out to us via email at [email protected]. By doing so, Tropika Club values your expertise and knowledge in the matter and appreciates your willingness to help. We will review your recommendations and update our list accordingly
Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine is a Singapore-based publication that features articles on a wide range of topics with a focus on local businesses and content for the region. The magazine emphasizes supporting local businesses through its #SupportLocal initiative, which includes coverage of everything from neighborhood hawker stalls to aesthetic clinics in town. In addition to highlighting local businesses, Tropika Club Magazine also covers a variety of local content, including beauty, lifestyle, places, eats, and what’s on in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Tropika Club Deals – Tropika Club Deals is a leading online deals and voucher shopping site in Singapore, offering amazing discounts on beauty, wellness, and fitness products and services. It’s the perfect platform for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. These deals are available at major beauty stores, facial salons, hair salons, and other brands in Singapore, with no minimum spend required. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Tropika Club Deals is also ideal for customers who want to buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future. So whether you’re looking to save money on your next haircut or want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Tropika Club Deals has got you covered with the best voucher and coupon deals in Singapore!