Why Microneedling Will Give You the Best Glow Ever
“OUCH”! A common reaction when we raised up the topic about Microneedling. For some, it may feel painless. While others, it may be slightly painful. A handful of people who tried Microneedling were “WOW-ED” by the results. Extracted from Realself, results showed that 86% of those who attempted Microneedling said it was worth it! Let Tropika Club shed some light on the amazing benefits of microneedling for rejuvenating your skin.
Reviews on Microneedling
“I had a fantastic experience with Cindy; she explained patiently how the procedures and post-treatment care. Besides that, she let me know what to expect when doing the treatment. For example, I will feel numb or a bit prickling. This is my first time trying microneedling. During the whole treatment, I felt so comfortable under the care of Cindy. Excellent service and highly recommended! Many thanks to lovely Cindy!– reviews from Elaine Cheah (a satisfied customer) of Wellaholic.
“I realise I need a few more appointments to get the results I’m looking for – however, my first procedure was significant. After my redness calmed and the peeling stopped, my skin was so soft and had more of the old glow “.- yet again another satisfied customer who couldn’t stop raving about how Microneedling changed her skin condition. Real Patient Ratings.
All You Need to Know about Microneedling
Microneedling is a safe, minimally invasive, and effective aesthetic treatment for several different dermatologic conditions, including acne and other scars. It is mostly used on the face and may treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores. Microneedling can be done on different parts of the body too!
It is clinically safe for most people; however, not suitable for people who use certain medications or for women who are pregnant. (Always good to check with your doctor for advice!)
More often than not, you will experience minor redness and irritation for 2-3 days after the treatment. With proper after-care tips, you will be well taken care of!
There are two different types of Microneedling devices in town. Today, we will take some time to run through the difference between both.
Dermapen Vs Dermaroller
Both devices are designed to induce collagen by causing thousands of micro-injuries to the skin and stimulating the skin’s natural healing processes. However, here comes the big question- how are they different? Allow https://santesouthlake.com/microneedling-dermaroller-micropen/ to share the difference.
- A Dermaroller (a device you can used at home) is a handheld tool equipped with rolling drum that is lined with thin needles. The drum is rolled across the skin, allowing the needles to puncture the epidermis, creating micro-injuries that stimulate the skin’s natural healing process.
- A Microneedling pen or Dermapen (more often used by skincare professionals) is a technological upgrade to the traditional Dermaroller. The Micropen is a cordless, handheld device that uses a disposable tip equipped with fine needles. The Micropen is powered by a small motor and its needles penetrate the skin vertically, allowing for a more consistent delivery.
|Dermaroller||Microneedling pen or Dermapen|
|It is more painful||Less painful|
|Needles are non-adjustable||Needles are adjustable- between 0.25 to 2.5mm|
|The roller head is non-detachable||You have the options to choose from a range of cartridges- 12 OR 36 needles cartridges|
|Can be used at home||Requires the help of a skincare professional|
|The cost is less pricey||Cost is higher|
The Proven Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling has proven to be effective not only for one but many other concerns that one could possibly have. Extracted from (https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/needling-your-way-to-healthier-skin), Studies show that people themselves and objective viewers report seeing a 45% to 55% improvement to the skin 6 to 12 weeks after a microneedling treatment.
- Acne scars
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Improves skin elasticity and stimulate collagen production
- Treats uneven skin tone
- Improves the overall skin complexion!
Microneedling triggers the body’s natural healing response, leading to an increase in the production of collagen and elastin. In other words, helping your skin look its best- giving you the best glow ever!
How to Care for your Face after Microneedling
As the saying goes “beauty has a price to pay”. After treatment, visible redness can be observed on the skin, sometimes, a tad painful. Skin will start to feel warm and tight, but with the proper after-care tips, it could help you in the long run.
For the first 3 days-
- Cleanse your skin with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser. Always make sure your hand is clean before washing the face! (Do note that your face is still suffering from the treatment itself.)
- SPF protection will be your best friend. Always use sunblock as your skin is prone to photo-damage.
- DO NOT exfoliate your skin or use any alcohol-based toner. You should only apply products that help to soothe and calm the skin.
- We recommend you not to apply any makeup for 72 hours after the treatment. Keep your skin naked and clean.
- Do not go swimming or partake any strenuous exercise for the first 72 hours as perspirations may cause adverse reactions in your skin.
- Resume your daily skincare routine right after 72 hours.
Microneedling can safely be repeated every 4 to 6 weeks until desired results are achieved. After four sessions spaced roughly one month apart, individuals have reported a big increase in collagen and elastin within six months of completing all the procedures. By using microneedling, you can have confidence in the results so long as you are patient!