How Exercises can Lift Your Spirits
Doing some form of exercise is a free and straightforward way to raise both your mental and physical health, and now is the ideal time to try a new activity. If you are working or learning from home, or not currently working, you won’t be receiving the incidental exercise you usually do by commuting to and from a workplace or university. And if you’re the kind of person who likes to have busy in a group, your standard pursuits such as gym classes and team sports are not an option. The Tropika Club team explores how exercises can help increase your mood and spirits at home during this COVID-19 stay-home period in Singapore.
Table of Contents
No Time to Read? Here’s a Snappy Summary of This Article
- The benefits of exercise for mental health. Exercise can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression by releasing endorphins, improving mood, and enhancing self-esteem. Exercise can also provide a sense of accomplishment, social connection, and routine.
- The challenges of exercising during COVID-19. The pandemic has disrupted many people’s normal exercise habits, such as going to the gym, playing sports, or commuting by walking or cycling. Some people may also face barriers such as a lack of space, equipment, motivation, or time.
- The types of exercise that can lift your spirits. The article suggests some exercises that can be done at home or outdoors, such as yoga, pilates, dancing, skipping, jogging, cycling, or gardening. The article also recommends choosing an activity that you enjoy, that suits your fitness level, and that matches your goals.
- The tips for staying active during COVID-19. The article advises setting realistic and specific goals, scheduling regular exercise sessions, tracking your progress and celebrating your achievements, varying your workouts and trying new things, involving your family or friends for support and fun, listening to your body, and resting when needed.
Why it is good to exercise at home?
If you add the above to higher-than-usual anxiety levels, you’ll begin to see why a stretch on your lounge room may help right now! Physical activity helps your own body and brain in many ways, but here are a few of the major ones:
- Exercise releases chemicals in your mind, such as serotonin and endorphins, which are fantastic for your disposition
- It can also result in better sleep and also give you more energy
- Physical motions can help alleviate tightness in your shoulders and neck, which often come with tension and stress
- It also makes you feel like you attained something
- Regular exercise can help reduce your risk of severe health issues, like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke
- It also helps with weight control (and you tend to feel like eating a healthier diet when you’re exercising regularly, also )
- and finally, but definitely not least given the present situation, routine physical activity is perfect for your immune system.
- If you’re new to exercise or feeling somewhat lost as your usual way of staying healthy is not possible right now, here are some ideas to get you moving:
Take your workout online
Take your workout online: On YouTube, you will find endless free workout videos to attempt, no matter your fitness level or the dimensions of your living room. From yoga and strength workouts to Pilates, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and more. Private trainers, dance instructors, and other qualified fitness professionals are receiving savvy and moving their courses online. So, you can combine a course almost, and receive the social connection benefits of exercise also.
Proceed: In case a structured routine isn’t your style, get creative and build your workout — rather than weights use household things like stuffed water bottles and cans or jars of food (if you’re able to get some!), run or walk on the place for 30 second periods, do some celebrity jumps, planks, sit-ups, push-ups, or perhaps burpees—anything to get your heart rate up a bit.
Go solo outdoors
Move solo outdoors if you can: biking, walking, and running are great solo activities and safe if you’re feeling well and have not been asked to self-isolate. Don’t forget to pack some hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol and remain at least 1.5 meters away from to other people. A word of advice before you start: If you’re new to exercise, begin small — try perhaps 10 minutes of yoga or walking per day, then gradually build up. Even 10 minutes of motion every day can help your body and mind feel better. Invite your loved ones, who you are no doubt spending a lot of time with right now, to take a little time to move their own bodies too.
And please, even if you’re not feeling well, follow the advice of your health professional — including rest. It’s vital that people prioritize the health and security of themselves, family, friends, and the community.
We hope this article has inspired you to get moving and enjoy the benefits of exercise for your mental and physical health. Whether you prefer yoga, dancing, jogging, or gardening, there is an activity that can suit your needs and preferences. You don’t need expensive equipment or a lot of space to get started. All you need is some motivation, creativity, and fun.
At Tropika Club Magazine, we are passionate about supporting local businesses and promoting wellness in Singapore and beyond. That’s why we feature articles on all things local, from beauty and lifestyle to places and eats. We also offer amazing deals and discounts on various services and products from our trusted merchants. You can browse our website to find the best offers for spas, salons, fitness centers, restaurants, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your workout gear, put on some music, and get ready to sweat it out. Exercise can lift your spirits during COVID-19 and beyond. Remember to stay safe, hydrated, and happy. And don’t forget to check out Tropika Club Magazine for more tips and tricks on how to live your best life in Singapore.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the benefits of exercise for mental health during COVID-19?
Exercise can help you cope with stress, anxiety, and depression during the pandemic by releasing endorphins, improving your mood, and boosting your self-esteem. Exercise can also provide you with a sense of achievement, social connection, and routine.
What are the challenges of exercising during COVID-19?
The pandemic has disrupted many people’s normal exercise habits, such as going to the gym, playing sports, or commuting by walking or cycling. Some people may also face barriers such as lack of space, equipment, motivation, or time.
What are some types of exercise that can lift your spirits during COVID-19?
You can choose any activity that you enjoy, that suits your fitness level, and that matches your goals. Some examples are yoga, pilates, dancing, skipping, jogging, cycling, or gardening. You can also try new things and vary your workouts to keep them interesting and fun.
How can I stay active during COVID-19?
You can follow these tips to stay active during COVID-19:
- Set realistic and specific goals for yourself and track your progress.
- Schedule regular exercise sessions and stick to them.
- Celebrate your achievements and reward yourself.
- Involve your family or friends for support and fun.
- Listen to your body and rest when needed.
Where can I find the best deals and discounts on fitness services and products in Singapore?
You can visit Tropika Club Deals to find the best voucher and coupon deals with up to 5% cashback on various fitness services and products from our trusted merchants. You can also browse Tropika Club Bookings to discover and book services at amazing off-peak discounts. Whether you are looking for a spa, a salon, a fitness center, a restaurant, or more, you can find it at Tropika Club.
Have an Article to Suggest?
Tropika Club is always looking for new and exciting content to feature in their magazine and they value the input of our readers. If you have any noteworthy content or articles that you believe would be a great addition to Tropika Club’s magazine, we are open to suggestions and encourage you to reach out to us via email at [email protected]. By doing so, Tropika Club values your expertise and knowledge in the matter and appreciates your willingness to help. We will review your recommendations and update our list accordingly
Meanwhile, Check Out Tropika Club’s Ecosystem of Websites
Tropika Club Magazine – Tropika Club Magazine is a Singapore-based publication that features articles on a wide range of topics with a focus on local businesses and content for the region. The magazine emphasizes supporting local businesses through its #SupportLocal initiative, which includes coverage of everything from neighborhood hawker stalls to aesthetic clinics in town. In addition to highlighting local businesses, Tropika Club Magazine also covers a variety of local content, including beauty, lifestyle, places, eats, and what’s on in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region.
Tropika Club Deals – Tropika Club Deals is a leading online deals and voucher shopping site in Singapore, offering amazing discounts on beauty, wellness, and fitness products and services. It’s the perfect platform for customers who want to discover the best deals without having to commit to a specific appointment date and time. These deals are available at major beauty stores, facial salons, hair salons, and other brands in Singapore, with no minimum spend required. Choose from guaranteed discounted deals in the categories of hairstyling, hair removal, facial & aesthetics, body slimming, brows & lashes, nails & makeup, massage & spa or fitness & wellness. Tropika Club Deals is also ideal for customers who want to buy vouchers as gifts or to use for the future. So whether you’re looking to save money on your next haircut or want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, Tropika Club Deals has got you covered with the best voucher and coupon deals in Singapore!